Thursday, August 26, 2010

Magnetizing the guns


One thing I am never satified is how static things become when you glue things down. For my AA guns, I want my battery to be able to swivel and dynamically track their flying targets.
For this, I got help from K&J Magnets. I got their strongest magnets as I needed the arching guns to stay in place after moving them. As you can see there are two magnets here working together. Just one was not strong enough to hold the guns in position. The magnets I am using are D601-N52, Disc 3/8" x 1/32", Grade N52
One of the problem I had encountered was that the joint was not wide enough to accommodate the size of the magnets. Luckily, my friend had a great Dremel that helped me drill and sand out the parts. Just remember to do it outdoors as the Dremel will kick up some find particles from the resin.

No comments:

Post a Comment